Access & Care
With our aim to steer the national dialogue on dance practices towards true equity, access and care are necessary tools in creating unity as a network of dance communities across the country.
- Choreographing Disability Justice: Dancemakers Antoine Hunter and Laurel Lawson, article written by Jerron Herman
- Hearing Dance: The Power of Audio Description, article written by Sarah Cecilia Bukowski
- 10 Principles of Disability Justice
- Indigenous Land and Territorial Acknowledgements for Institutions – This resource has been developed to identify the components that can contribute to a Land Acknowledgement that initiates steps towards meaningful and equitable relationship building with Indigenous communities and establishes commitments that directly lead to change.
- The Contact Improv Consent Culture Blog publishes content that inquires into and supports the building of consent-based culture in contact improvisation.
- Balancing Act supports artist caregivers working in the performing arts in Canada by advocating for greater equality, accessibility, and inclusion in the workforce.
Please send us the tools you lean on to address inequities in our ongoing work so we may add to this list and share within our network.