Participate in building a positive future for dance by activating your membership! Individual members include dancers, choreographers, dance teachers, dance researchers and writers, designers, and dance professionals contributing to dance in a non-artistic capacity, including managers, producers, agents, arts administrators and archivists.
People working in all dance forms, genres, and specializations are invited to become members. We recognize the many ways dance is practiced, including traditions and expressions based on performance in various settings, explorations, media and digital formats, and multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary ways. We welcome you to self - identify in the category that resonates most with you. Check out our FAQ's or email email@example.com for any further questions!
- Members of the Canadian Dance Assembly are eligible to apply for personal health insurance created specifically for Canadian artists, dancers, and performers.
- The Arts Entertainment Plan® is a simple way to assist people in managing health care costs. Get the coverage you need – minus the confusion. It’s affordable, exclusive to the artistic community and there are no medical questionnaires – so you won’t be denied access because of pre-existing conditions – its guaranteed acceptance!
- The plan has two options to choose from: Standard and Comprehensive
- Both options offer the same core benefit categories:
- Dental Care
- Prescription Drug Benefit
- Extended Health Care (vision care, hospital rooms, medical equipment, massage etc…)
- Travel Emergency Medical
- Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- The Member and Family Assistance Program (MFAP)
- Coverage is available for individuals and families, there’s a convenient monthly payment option and premiums may be tax deductible.
- The Arts & Entertainment Plan is a service of Actra Fraternal Benefits Society (AFBS), A Not for Profit Insurer.
Make sure your CDA membership is current, then simply head over to aeplan.ca to select your plan and follow the steps to apply!
Travel 0-1 Visa Letters
“The O-1 non-immigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.” Continue reading HERE
CDA can assist Canadian dancers wishing to work in the United States with a support letter attesting to the artist’s status as a professional dancer. Artists must submit their resume, bio and demo reel link (if available) to the CDA for consideration. Upon receipt of a request, the CDA will provide the letter within 2-3 weeks. Please allow for this turnaround time.
We suggest working with your lawyer to draft your visa application. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to request a letter.
In order to support everyone in our community particularly through these difficult times, we are offering a NEW pay-what-you-can option for the second year July 1 2021 – June 30 2022 (suggested $5+ individuals, $40+ organizations).
If you are in a position to pay in full, please do so and we thank you for your support to continue our work and subsidize other members.
If you are experiencing financial barriers of any kind, please take the support you need and we thank you for your participation in our community.
any dance professional or artist
|Affiliated* Dance Professional
non-artistic professional in dance (i.e. producers, presenters, administrators, curators, managers, agents, cultural workers, critics, facilitators)
|Affiliated* Dance Artist
artistic individual (i.e. choreographer, dancer, designer, interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary artist)
currently enrolled in an educational program in the field of dance
|Individual Supporting member (non-voting)
anyone who wishes to support CDA who is not a dance artist or professional
|NEW pay-what-you-can option (suggested $5+)
Select any category of membership, and choose your own fee
* Affiliated membership requires that you are an active member of a regional dance service organization. We use the honour system for these affiliated rates, thank you!
- Canadian Alliance of Dance Artists – East (CADA/East)
- Canadian Alliance of Dance Artists – West (CADA/West)
NOTE: We hold a joint membership agreement with CADA/East and CADA/West. If you join either of those organizations as an individual, you automatically become a member with CDA, no further action required!
- The Dance Centre
- Alberta Dance Alliance
- Dance Saskatchewan
- Dance Manitoba
- Dance Ontario
- Dance Nova Scotia
- Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC)
- Regroupement québécois de la danse RQD
- Canadian Network of Dance Presenters/CanDance
- Other – if you are a member of another dance service organization we have missed, please name it here on your application form.