Properties CoordinatorJob Type: Full-Time
Job Start Date: 01/06/2023
Hiring Organization Name: Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Hiring Organization Description:
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Properties Coordinator to join our team. Do you have experience in theatre production and are an expert in the properties design process? Ideal candidates will enjoy thinking outside the box, working well with others, and leading projects. Effective and detail-oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. With your ability to read technical drawings, sound time management, and excellent interpersonal skills, you will thrive in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community, and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds including women, Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavors.
As the Properties Coordinator, you maintain and coordinate the use of stage and rehearsal properties for RWB Company and School productions, events, and classes. In this position, you ensure that all properties are created, obtained, rented, transported, and maintained in an efficient and effective manner. Supporting the Production Department, you establish proper itemization, storage, and upkeep of properties.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
• Coordinate with designers, School, and Company Artistic, to source, buy, rent, and create properties within the scope of work and budget.
• Oversee and manage union and non-union crews in the theatre, shop, and studio, as required.
• Inform Production Management of material and timelines to ensure properties are maintained in show condition.
• Install and maintain temporary dance flooring and portable barres, supporting the Head Carpenter as required.
• Working with Production Management, determine deadlines for obtaining and building properties.
• In conjunction with Production Management, work within, and create defined detailed project budgets.
• Create and maintain accurate property records including show notes, show tracks, recipes, consumable sources, properties plots, show information, and inventories.
• Lead properties crew in the installation, operation, and maintenance of Marley type dance floors and properties for each production and event.
• Ensure clear communication with Stage Management throughout the rehearsal process, including additions, deletions, or changes to properties and properties tracks.
• Perform required maintenance and repairs of properties.
• Work with the School Production and Event Coordinator on school production and event needs, in theatre and class.
• Participate and liaise with School, Artistic, and Technical staff to determine properties needs.
The Properties Coordinator requires the ability to lift and carry heavy loads of up to 50lbs, sit/stands for extended periods of time, and works at heights requiring access by ladder, scaffold, and aerial work platform. This position works irregular hours, including evenings and weekends. Periodic national and international travel required.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Previous work experience in properties within a theatrical environment required.
• Knowledgeable in proper handling of materials and tools in a theatrical shop environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the properties design process.
• Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office programs, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
• Post-Secondary education in Theatre Production, or equivalent experience an asset.
• Experience working with a dance company an asset.
• Strong written, mathematical, and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build positive working relationships.
• Ability to read technical drawings.
• Natural Resources Canada Pyrotechnician License desirable.
• Clean driver’s abstract an asset.
• Must be a member in good standing of I.A.T.S.E. and be Pink Card Eligible.
$55,000 – $60,000How to Apply:
If you are qualified for this position, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers-and-auditions/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
Application contact Information: