Professional Ballet TeacherJob Type: Full-Time
Hiring Organization Name: Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Hiring Organization Description:
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Professional Ballet Teacher to join our team. This wonderful opportunity is for those who have a passion for teaching young artists and who love to inspire others. Ideal candidates have a sound background in the Russian system of classical ballet coupled with the experience to teach several levels and age groups. Those who have a profound understanding of the value in fostering positive relationships, are self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal skills are encouraged to apply.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to an inclusive and diverse environment that values, respects and supports all individuals. We aim to have a workforce representative of the diversity within our community, and welcome and encourage applicants from various backgrounds including women, Indigenous people, racialized people, disabled people, people of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to further diversification endeavors.
As a Professional Ballet Teacher, you are responsible for the consistent instruction of dance classes, choreography, and/or rehearsals for performances for several levels and age groups. In this position, you will be familiar with and will conduct yourself according to the strategic and business plan objectives of the School.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
• Teach and rehearse in the school.
• Audition students.
• Grade and evaluate students in class and during exams.
• Cast students in appropriate works for performances.
• Produce, restage, direct, and choreograph performances, projects and exams as required.
• Begin and end classes at their scheduled times.
• Be present when your class is performing or rehearsing unless prior arrangements have been approved by the School Director.
• Attend all meetings of the school scheduled by the School Director, Principal, or Program Directors.
• Prepare report cards, student assessment forms, and letters of reference as required.
• Ensure appropriate, positive, and fair evaluations are given to every student on their report cards.
• Participate and contribute to short term and long-range planning sessions.
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
• Maintain open and honest communication with the School Director.
• Build and maintain positive and productive relationships with parents, students, artistic staff, administrative staff, and musical staff.
• Maximize communication opportunities with parents.
• Maximize communication opportunities with colleagues in the teaching staff to ensure consistency with respect to the material being taught.
• Ensure the smooth coordination of projects to be overseen by the Teacher as assigned by the School Director and ensure all respective deadlines are met.
• Ensure all communications and actions support, protect, and nurture the brand of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School.
This position works in a studio setting interacting with, observing, and supporting students and occasionally works outside of regular office hours, in the evenings and weekends. This position also works with standard office equipment and sits for periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making are the keys to success in this position.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Background in the Russian system of classical ballet.
• Ability to teach several levels and age groups.
• Experience as a professional ballet teacher and/or professional ballet dancer required.
• Strategic thinker, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and discretion.
• Solid initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong team member, productively engaging with various levels of seniority.
• Good communication, customer service and relationship-management skills alongside the ability to build and maintain credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
$40,000-$50,000How to Apply:
If you are qualified for this position, visit https://www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers-and-auditions/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to providing accessible employment while ensuring our recruitment process is barrier free. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all aspects of the assessment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be sent to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.