I love dance/ J’aime la danse is a unique six year national campaign for dance that engages all dance lovers and dancers alike and supports the principles outlined in the Dance Manifesto. The campaign is the first of its kind, bringing all dance styles and supporters together in a movement to raise the profile of dance in Canada. It represents diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities for the first time with a united voice and message, in support of dance as an art form integral to Canadian culture.
Join the Canadian Dance Assembly and show your support for the I love dance/J’aime la danse National campaign. You can participate by visiting our blog, joining our social media, use the I love dance logo on your media, distribute and circulate the dance Manifesto, organize an event for National Dance Week or participate in the I love dance Awards.
Keep up to date and subscribe to the I love dance blog at ilovedancecanada.org. Check out the turn out from this year's National Dance Week activities, or nominate an individual/group/organization for the 2013 I love dance Awards or become a jury member! Share your dance experiences with us by emailing us an article or video about an event, workshop, performance, or simply explain why dance is important to you. Send all details to email@example.com and we will consider featuring it on our blog.
You don't have to be a dance professional to get involved. We are looking to engage communities across the country from diverse skill levels and backgrounds.The campaign is for everybody! We invite dance enthusiasts, dance fans, community groups, social dancers, writers…If your life is touched by dance in any way then we urge you to join and participate. Help raise the profile of dance in Canada and contribute to the growth and sustainability of this art form. Let’s work together to keep dance a vibrant force in Canadian culture.
- Share the message of the dance Manifesto ( Read, share, present, download)
- Organize an activity around National Dance Week
- Submit a nomination for the I love dance Awards
- Subscribe to ilovedancecanada.ca.
- Download FREE I love dance/J'aime la danse and National Dance Week Logos HERE and use in your media and show programs.
- Support the campaign and purchase "Just Dance" merchandise
Contact our office today to see how you could be involved! firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-515-8444
The following is a summary of comments and recommendations from the year 2 post-mortem relating to the I love dance campaign, I love dance Awards and National Dance Week:
Recommendations for Year 3 and General Comments
• National Dance Week is experiencing a natural growth
• Recommended to re-look at the Vote for Dance campaign, how to strengthen its reach. Should be re-analyzed moving into next year.
• Continue getting more political figures involved
• Ensure the participation of smaller communities
• Planning - advance notice and planning for launch and other major activities
• Live streaming, getting in on events during NDW or ILD Awards
• Try and obtain national sponsorship(s)
• Events could be made more interactive, increased use of media would be good
• National coverage, need more media attention
If you wish to receive the full meeting notes, please contact the office at email@example.com